Mobile devices are paving the way forward, and the restaurant trade it the latest industry to benefit from it.
Recent studies have shown just how many mobile users are using their mobiles to search for their dining options.
The study, by xAd and Telmetrics, shows that 78% of mobile restaurant searches results in a booking or purchase!
Here are a few more interesting finds:
- More than half of smartphone searches are on-the-go (31% outside or in the car).
- Almost 80% of restaurant searches lead to a purchase; 1 out of 3 users purchase within the hour.
- Half of restaurant searches include looking for contact information.
- Location proximity is a key purchase influence; users expect to be within 5 miles and 23% of smartphone users expect the location to be within walking distance.
- 64% of tablet search activity and 54% of smartphone search activity is for reviews.
- And finally the most important elements to aid the restaurant decision: Good online reviews, close business location and optimized mobile site.